Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Songs What I Forgot: Debut Edition!



OK, so this came out when I was 14 and this, combined with a lot of "Need You Tonight" by INXS and my first sighting of a very young, very beautiful Keanu Reeves having fumbling sex in a sleeping bag in the terrifying cornerstone of stark 1980's teen angst films River's Edge was way too much for me to handle. HUMP OVERLOAD!!! I used to listen to this song a lot, so much in fact that I began to hate it and the CD it was off of. Which if I recall, was an early entry into my already budding collection that boasted the Eurythmics and Elvis Costello and the Attractions (OK that one may have been my Dad's but I liked to pretend it was mine).

Recently, I was out getting ridiculously drunk due to the open bar I was presented with starting at 5 PM during a producing showcase I attended with my frequent troublemaker and co-producer Alty. Sadly we decided we "needed" a nightcap (OK again, just me) and went to the nearby Slainte, where this song came on and I was pleasantly reminded of it being the jam and all. This version, with the fantastic MC Lyte guesting, is the sickest. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Just Dave said...

Good song. I always liked "Nothing Compares 2 U".