Monday, November 29, 2004

Remains of the day

Who went to sleep for a "nap" at 5 pm and just woke up at 2 am? This one.

I got trashed on Thanksgiving. I don't mean, I had some drinks. I mean, I had two glasses of wine at dinner, two beers before we went to see "La Cage Aux Folles", and so many I can't even remember how many after the show. And I tried the next day, believe me. Rob Webber and I finally ceased drinking at around 2:45 am. I then like an asshole decided to take my umbrella and tap dance through 42nd Street. See, here's the thing, how funny is it to pretend you're in a MUSICAL in the middle of where all the MUSICAL THEATER happens?!? Man, am I a card or what?! I'm still cringing at the thought of it. The display of class ended with a much needed trip to McDonald's where Rob and I were the only ones who spoke English. I have to admit: the only times I like Times Square occur on major holidays, because it's destitute.

I am debating having a Christmas party again. I for some reason really hate throwing parties. Last year's was nice, though. It was big (usually nerve wracking) but for some reason I was less stressed, I think because it was a joint effort with Meg. We'll see.

Nigel has been in a word, horrid. I tired to be nice and put one of those perpetual pet waterers out- you know, the kind that looks like a mini water cooler- so he'd have more fresh water, due to the recent toilet ban. He put his paw up inside the cooler and knocked water out onto the floor. I noticed his paws were soaking wet when he jumped on me and I was baffled. When I walked into the kitchen, there were puddles everywhere. The rug was soaked, and the waterer was all the way across the floor, turned to face the window. He chooses dehydration I guess.

I started trying to knit again. It's hard, I feel like I have ape paws because of my fat fingers. I am determined to knit myself a scarf over the holidays. I have no excuse, as there will be a lot of travel time to fill. I am hopeful that my trip home this year will be less upsetting than last, when my favorite travel sleeve containing my precious Xmas cd collection was swiped at La Guardia. When I got off the plane in San Diego I was hysterical. I think people thought it was over my styrofoam box containing a kidney gone missing rather than the loss of "A Ren & Stimpy Christmas" and "Jingle Cats".

I am getting excited about Christmas, it is my favorite holiday. It's always so much fun, because I go to see my family and sit on my ass in the sunshine. I have already prepared a list of where I will be eating upon my return to sunny, boring-but-lovable San Diego:

1) In-N-Out Burger (will be ordered on the way home from the airport)
2) Filiberto's (the most amazing homemade Mexican fast food, and get this: not made by failed Chinese restaurant owners like in Manhattan)
3) Rubio's (the best fish tacos; save your jokes, jag off)

Plus, my Dad will be frying a turkey this year for Christmas dinner. Due to the highly likely threat of fire/death that combining a high-pressue boiling oil-filled deep fryer with drinking offers, my Mom has banned us from having any "Artilliery Punch" until after the bird is cooked. Hooray!





No comments: