Friday, November 12, 2004

"When it's time to change..."

I am forcing myself to begin the whole "The Artist's Way" regime. AGAIN. God dammit, I am an adult and should be capable of completing this without fucking off and letting it fall to the side again. Feel free to attack me when this (inevitably) occurs.

Typing the word "inevitably" just made me think way back when to that disturbing commercial for "Circus Fun" cereal. I think there was an animated Jimmy Durante creature posing as a spokesperson. Its tagline was to chant, "indubitably!" I wasn't aware that circus staff and the like were in possession of such high IQ's. Or the 6 year olds that cereal is usually being marketed to, for that matter. I can say this: I knew/know who Jimmy Durante is because I saw his likeness in Looney Tunes cartoons. I went online to see if I could find any pictures of this creature, but all I found were references to a clown. Sorry, it's a little too late in the day for that type of malarkey.

I am cat sitting for a friend who is a very wealthy young lady. Being in her house makes me sad, because everything is so elegant. Even the wastebasket is pure silver. I know because I knocked it on my clumsy foot like an oaf. It should be fun to stay over in the fancy apartment with the lovely cat, but it just serves to remind me of how everything in my apartment is crappy. It makes me consider that I have a desk that gives me welts above my elbows whenI type because it's made of particle board, a coach coated in cat fur, and a huge, hideous entertainment center that looks like the fucking set piece that "Miami Vice" forgot.

Plus, I miss my cat (Nigel) when I sleep out. He punishes me when I return by having chewed any type of paper he can get at. Wonder where he learned the passive/aggressive tendencies?

And now, let's dwell: My ex boyfriend would become enraged at me for using that term, passive/aggressive. He said I used it too often & incorrectly. He said I didn't know what it meant. He insisted I stop saying it. So, to be passive/aggressive, I used it even more. I went so far as to shorten it to "PA", which may or may not in the lexicon already, but to me, it was a bright idea for the purpose of any sort of torment. I threw this abbreviation around as much as possible, and his sighing and head shaking became a reward I sought openly.

Even though he acted superior and could be just plain nasty, I miss his companionship. He was a funny guy, even if he was C3-PO.

1 comment:

MegAnne said...

Okay, I'm trying to find people that actually remember those commercials... the animal that popped in to say "Indubitably!" at the end - what kind of animal was it??