Friday, December 22, 2006

Crescent Savory Snack Category.



I love to dig around in my parent's closets when I get back home to visit, which is rare these days. Today my closet find was a 1976 Pillsbury Bake Off Cookbook which reeked of mold and about sent me into a fit with all the awesome, trashy n' tasty appetizers within. I only wish I'd had this for my cocktail party- because pigs in a blanket would have been varied with a recipe I found for- brace yourself and think of England- "Fish & Crescent Roll Ups". Yup. Fish sticks. Crescent rolls. Magic.


By the way, here's one of the winners of said bake off, circa 1976. 1976- what an awesome year. I'm jealous of friends born in that year. I've always wished I was around for the bicentennial, mostly because I have fantasies of living like one of the kids in Dazed on Confused, a perennial favorite film. The sad part is, I kind of do now, which is pathetic considering they're all 17. Yuck.

No comments: