Wednesday, November 09, 2005

People Will Say We're In Love.

What is my issue with being so turned on by Scott Glenn as Agent Jack Crawford in Silence of the Lambs? Seriously, I am creeping myself out. But he's so amazing in the film, and the relationship between them is handled so deftly by director Demme that I am swept up in it. When he pulls Starling aside at her graduation it makes me cry a little each time I see it. Every single actor in the movie is near perfect. And it is sad to me that the beauty of the storytelling is so overtaken by the jokey misinformed homophobia that's attached to the serial killer. But really, let's get back to the most important part, and that's me being the Starling to someone's Jack Crawford. Nude.

1 comment:

saraisloco said...

"Don't throw bouquets at me! Hand me my rose and my glove. Brandy, you're friend is a theater fag! People will say we're in love!" (to the tune of the Oklahoma hit)