Thursday, January 11, 2007

They Don't Love You Like I Do.



This song still moves me to tears. It's hard to listen to; it's so visceral and raw and open. Karen O. sounds like a gorgeous version of a cat clawing its way out of certain death. Somehow, she manages to have a voice that is beautiful and awful. I know everyone already knows this, and that's why this song is a big deal, and blah de fucking blah I'm so hip I knew about this when it was still in their BRAINS and shit!!!!!!!

But it is so compelling, so I want to talk about it some more, too-cool-for-schoolness be damned. I recommend making out to it drunk as hell in a really gross, pathetic bar with a doomed paramour. It would best befit the intense dignity that is Maps, by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

1 comment:

saraisloco said...

This song gets me every fucking time.