Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Another One Bites The Dust

The first of my college boyfriends is now married. This was relayed to me today by a link to his wedding website in a mass e-mail. I am sad, mostly because had I known in advance, I would have liked to have sent a gift. We were better friends than boyfriend & girlfriend, and we dated only for a few months. She is a lucky girl, he's a catch. And, at least he treated me like a friend and showed enough respect to tell me. Unlike my second college boyfriend of 2 years, with who I had a much less amicable split. He let me know about his nuptials by replying to my yearly contact update email with only his address, no phone number. When I emailed back to a be a smartass and said something along the lines of "What, are you worried I'll call and upset your wife!? Ha ha ha!", he answered in the affirmative. What a gem was he.

This was also the one that announced to me casually that he was fairly certain he'd turn into a serial killer one day. Let the record show that following this comment, I stayed in the relationship.

No comments: