Friday, October 14, 2005

Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky, and Mike- If I Love The Girl, Who Cares Who You Like?

OK, here's how it goes. I want everyone to help me make a list of awesome boy band songs. They have to have lots of harmony and be dripping with hormones and hairgel. Bonus points if they try to sound "street" and/or rap earnestly. The more times they warble "girl", the better. I will negotiate based on your arguments- for example, I would consider allowing Marky Mark based on the argument that he was in no way a rapper (that one's for you, Allocco).

Here are some of my faves (yes, I AM dancing in my chair as I type, because I am a dork):



1) We Fit Together - O Town
2) Back For Good - Take That
3) When The Lights Go Out - Five
4) Can't Stop - After 7
5) If It Isn't Love - New Edition
6) Please Don't Go, Girl - NKOTB (that's right, I used the intials because THAT'S HOW I DO)
7) I Want You Back - N*SYNC
8) I Wanna Sex You Up - Color Me Badd
9) Right Kind of Love - Jeremy Jordan
10) Shape of My Heart - Backstreet Boys

7 comments:

2na said...

Though not boy band... Ryan Cabrera(how the f do I spell his name?) has some really girl-like sappy songs...

2na said...

And B as Sara and I learned last week... never trust a girl with a big butt and a smile...

The Quiet Traveler said...

i'd like to offer up "relight my fire" by take-that. Robbie Williams is still hot.

saraisloco said...

Robbie Williams will always be hot April. And some day when in his presence, will slip myself a roofie just so he is completely sure he can have his way with me.

Brandy For Sale. said...

C'mon, DeSmet- not even New Edition? "Cool It Now"? "Candy Girl"?" "Mr. Telephone Man"?

Trivia Corner! 3 of this group went onto record as Bel Biv DeVoe. Ralph Tresvant had a hit with the delightful "Sensitivity" (a personal fave). Bobby Brown,well, we all know about that. And Johnny Gil had a hit with "Rub You The Right Way".

What's sad is that I knew all that off the top of my head. Sigh.

Brandy For Sale. said...

Mason. We have discussed this. You are NEVER to use the words "make" and "love" as a phrase when speaking (typing) with me. EVER. Even if it is in regards to Boyz II Men. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

Love New Edition's "Cool It Now"!!!

Hey, check out this product on CafePress (Cafepress.com Product#245861670), based on your headline, you should LOVE it!!!