Saturday, May 07, 2005

Sink to the Bottom.


Turd alert.
Originally uploaded by branleighbarber.


Jennifer Sanders is going to be on the Kumars at No. 42. Hold on a sec.

OK, back. The show I saw last night was delightful. It was at Tonic, which I am ashamed to say I haven't been to in quite a while. The band Richard played with was called The Savage Juliet, and they made me think of Cowboy Junkies. There was a band following called NYC Smoke, and they were fantastic. It was such a great treat to get to see some strong live shows. I went out with Porter to see a band play about a month ago, and it cost more than it did to see this show with two excellent bands. Also, they only played 6 songs, all of which seemed kind of convulted. It was a let down, so this was good to be reminded how much I love live music shows.

After helping my friend Guilia with some Mortified NYC! stuff, I came back home and sat around all day, resting and doing all sorts of sketch show tasks. I also played a bunch of the free CDs I'd gotten from musicians who were handing them out either at gigs or to promote gigs. And all of them were really good! Again, made me happy. Nice to see people succeed at what they love to do.

I am no longer allowed to drink beer. Only straight spirits, no mixers. I've been good about cutting out all the white bread, rice and soda. Sugar has been hard but I have cut out 90% of my consumption of it. I haven't been too bad about craving it, although today I really, really wanted a sip of Dr. Pepper. Waah waah waah fatty wants a cracker.

I am going to take a nap and then go see a show that Ms. Heather Fink directed.


No comments: