Monday, March 21, 2005

.55 cent


Refreshing Paradise
Originally uploaded by branleighbarber.
This is the total that I have had in my wallet since mid-week. My friends have been nice enough to spot me, and as a result, on Sunday morning I was treated to a diner breakfast of two eggs over medium, corned beef hash (which I doused in Tabasco sauce), whole wheat toast with butter, and french fries, washed down with a cup of very cream-heavy coffee. It was marvelous and I want to go order it now from a local greasy spoon to relive the glory. Except now I spent the .55 cents...so I am eating left-over Saltine cracker packets from the junk drawer of someone who used to work here's desk.

Man, it was great not to eat something that was years old from the pantry.

1 comment:

The Quiet Traveler said...

i so know your pain. i have money in my wallet but it must find it's way to the bank or i'm toast.....mmmmm....toast.