Monday, March 07, 2005

How DARE You!

Who ate her considerably growing weight in Girl Scout cookies this weekend? Why, Ms. Brandy Barber, that's who!

I had back to back sketch show rehearsals this weekend and it was so exciting. I kept dancing around onstage in between scenes like a buffoon, but it was unbridled energy I could not control. Even with walking pneumonia, which I am 80% I have, I was at my happiest. I need to make this happen for myself more often. I was in my element.

Plus, I got to hang out with some really lovely people, see a fun show, watch MST3K with Porter, and have stimulating conversations. Liam and I discussed our ultimate date fantasies, and both of us were grasping at straws at first. His was awesome, like the real life realization of the song "Stepping Out" by Joe Jackson- a true New York fantasy replete with elegance galore. I am still confused as to whether or not I would rather idealize the idea of ANYTHING from the past or present or future happening (i.e. going to see ELO, going to a Factory party, being an extra in Xanadu) or reality. Reality is hard to define as far as Ultimate Dream Date. I have clear ideas, but then again, I'd hate to put that onto a boy. Because what if he planned to surprise me with a bunch of awesome things that I had no idea about and that would introduce me to new stuff that I could potentially love and I ruined it by being bossy and prissy? I feel the same way about women who plan their stupid weddings down to the most minute details. How selfish, it's supposed to be for BOTH of you. It's not your fucking prom. Although I also feel pretty strongly that weddings are like ultimate adult prom . How lame.

I am going to think more about Ultimate Dream Date today when I get the chance.

No comments: