Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I had a show tonight, and on a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 5. I put 6, because there were some great moments, but then I came down on myself because it should have been tighter, so a 5 it shall be. It was odd to perform in front of an audience again. I loved it. Especially because I knew what I was going to do, that made it so easy for me. Why the fuck did I ever try to do improv, I was awful at it AND it made me so nervous. What an idiot.

I managed to round up the jewelry, blazer and shoes I needed for my costume as well as get ahold of a program that allowed me to record my voice as a sound file so that I could have my voice over sound cues played while I was onstage. That was nice. I am so proud of myself, as this was all done during a fucking HUGE snowstorm with winds that were literally making people slide across the street in front of me. I traipsed through the awful weather with a backpack full of costumes stuff, a lightweight wood artist's easel, 3 pieces of posterboard, and my purse. As the wind nearly turned this assemblege of shit I was lugging into a hang glider of sorts, I had to remind myself that I live in the most amazing city in the United States. This helped. Although it did not keep me from screaming at the top of my lungs and shaking my fist at the wind, at least I was smiling this time.

I really should be alseep I have to be at work in 5 hours. No wonder I have walking pnuemonia.

No comments: