Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Office: An American Workplace

So, go ahead and go to this link and watch the video. And then let's discuss. I am actually surprised, it's better than I thought. But there are some things they should have let go. I don't think the jello thing will make Americans laugh the same way it did in the UK. Maybe because when we think of Jello, we think of Jello shots, which also make us think of frat boys and rape.

I also don't think that the Gareth character is working for me, a bit too screechy. I would have liked someone less loud & goofy, more subtle. Maybe they're all a bit too over the top and not as subtle...I don't know. The way they're having him play Gareth reeks of Must See TV crazy guy and that is a shame.

The Hitler thing was good, though. And the Mexican thing.

It is just a clip...let's hope it gets better. I do like Steve Carell. No is under the impression that this will be better than the original, so maybe I should be less fussy.



No comments: