Monday, August 28, 2006

Bubbles Loves His Kitties.



Here's a short clip from one of the first episodes of Canada's celebrated comedy, "Trailer Park Boys". It's a fave of mine, they used to show it on BBC America a while back, but not anymore. The Canadian DVDs do work in our region and recently I've noticed that you can get them from Amazon (that wasn't the case a while back). It's rough and a bit all over the place, not the best acting, but it has tis scruffy sort of heart I really find endearing. I hear the later seasons are less like that, and to be honest I've yet to see anything past the first two. I need to get my paws on the Season 1-5 box set, I think. Bubbles is, hands down, the most engaging character I've seen in ages.

Here's the the whole first ever episode- it's long so if you don't give a shit about your job, it's primo work viewing. Seriously, I love shows where the focus is on the love between friends, not on stupid romantic love pursuits. It's so rare and it's so true and engaging to me.

Check it out, and enjoy the accents.

1 comment:

2na said...

STOPPP IT NOW... LOVE THIS! ALSO, PLEASE ASK ME ABOUT THE FRIEND OF MINE WELL SORTA WHO WAS STILL A SUPERMARKET SHOP CART BOY AT THE AGE OF 28... ASK ME.