Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Happy [Belated] National Potato Chip Day!!!!

I am sick so I let this very important holiday slide. Because my harrowing cab ride to and from the emergency room late this very eve was kind of a deterrent. But I, in cough induced insomnia, even though they gave me stuff to supposedly make me sleep (my ass), am powering through. That's the kind of snack food eating pig I am.

So here we go. Let me celebrate the magic that is the Frito-Lay company. A place that I imagine to be filled with magical, obese snack elves. Behold then the latest offering that I jammed into my mouth, cough spasms that lead me to think I have a broken rib and all:

And then there's an newsih yet already classic old standby. The breathtaking perfection that is Lay's Dill potato chips. These perfectly marry the way that the chips on your plate at the family reunion bar-b-eque tasted when the pickles you were eating nudged up against them, giving them a gentle dill basting. Ah, yes. PUT IT IN MY EAGER MOUTH, YOU WHORE.

I encourage all of you to go out in your navy blue sweat pants from Old Navy, your fake Ugg boots, a yoga sweatshirt, a huge scarf for your lacerated, ruined throat and-yes that's right- a baby blue wool beret. Leave the house in this ensemble, coughing all the merry way, and buy soup, popsicles, throat lozenges, passionfruit sherbet (as suggested by the fantastic Matt Sears) and then, inexplicably, bag(s) of potato chips. You tuberculosis-ridden sow.

5 comments:

matt said...

When I was a kid I used to eat too many potato chips so I would have to balance out the salty with sweet. Then I would eat too much ice-cream and have to start eating chips again. This cycle would go on and on for at least forty minutes.

Unknown said...

i will suck the coating off an entire bag of potato chips and not eat the chip i won't just do this in the privacy of my own home but will stand next to a bowl or bag at a party and do it leaving a wet soggy pile of chips in my wake... people say i am wasting the chip but i am enjoying it my way this is america damnnit!

saraisloco said...

Sears I do the same thing. I like to eat a handful of chips then shove a handful of plain m&m's into my mouth at the same itme. This also works for popcorn while at the movies. YUM.

Brandy For Sale. said...

YES! Chocolate and potato chips may very well be proof that there is a god of some sort.

Also movie popcorn with Junior Mints mixed in. Sounds gross tastes great.

Lauren K said...

Um... emergency room?!

And eat Flipz. Stat.