Tuesday, March 21, 2006

No Image- Blogger is being a real wang.


Well, I just cried for approx. 2 minutes as I typed "elephant walk new york 2006" and found to my GREAT DISMAY it happened THIS VERY EVENING, instead of tomorrow night as I was originally led to believe. It HATE when that kind of thing happens. When I made the plans to do it, I had a sort of romantic ideal that it went hand in hand with, some sort of New York late night adventure I'd planned to have with someone. So I suppose I'd have disliked going to it alone as would have been the case as that someone has yet to appear. It just sucked. I was in the city and could have at least caught a solitary glimpse. I'm horribly forgetful enough on my own, I don't need dates changing on me like that to compound the problem. As I said, I was in the city prior. I went to see a show hosted by the dreamy Dave Hill. His guests were all great. Nick Swarsdon (sp?) was a riot. I am always delighted by Corn Mo, who is full of mischief and hard-rock yowlings galore. Fred Armisen got up and did an amazing performance, one that I bet was simple for him but that I could never even fathom doing. I have said this to lots of people but I think he's a genius. The fact that he's a former musician AND is able to be effortlessly funny amazes me. I can barelt play a recorder or memorize a knock knock joke. Perhpas if I spent less time bawling about elephants and swilling cranberry ginger ale...but I digress. It was a fucking kick ass show and I left it full of delight.

Boston was amazing. I had the best time, the show was (after a rocky start due to 18 pieces of human garbage who seemed to think they were at a murder mystery dinner theater) so much fun. I loved the city- my first trip there and it was so lovely. Giulia and Tim were the most gracious hosts and Sara & I laughed until we cried the entire time. I had a really painful week so this was just what I needed, after being sick and shut in and just really sad. What a great escapade.

More on that later. I want to sleep now, still trying to be healthy. Although I feel better I want to be careful. This means, instead of 3 Oreos, I eat only 1. I'm a problem solver people. It's what I do.

No comments: