Monday, March 27, 2006

Matthew Sweet, Echo & The Bunnymen, and Sara Vaughn.






Such a fun weekend, all a blur but all delightful. On Saturday I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art with April and her lovely daughter, Emma. I hadn't been in a few years so it was a treat. Spent a lot of time looking at Victorian hair & photo lockets- such creepy, awesome jewelry. I do love the shiny shiny.

Later that same evening, I headed over to the BUST Magazine party, where I got lots of cool goody bag loot and spent time with my fab pal, Emily. After that it was off to Justin Purnell's fan-fucking-tastic dance fest: Keep It Fun 2006. I managed to dump a drink down the dear Birch Harms within the first 20 minutes I was there. Then I danced all night like a loon and eventually, started grabbing abandoned drinks and dumping them down my front slowly, while yelling "YEAH! OH YEAH!!" and moving my hips suggestively while forcing dear pals Rob & Porter to look at me. All in all, pretty gross behavior but all in day's work for Barber.

It was nice to get out after being so sick. It was very nice to see good friends that I haven't talked to in a few months and to spit margaritas at them. But it was the nicest to get to slow dance to "Don't Stop Belivin'" even though everyone else was leaping around doing rock kicks and such. It was an simple but effective act of rebellion, right there on the stage, and it made me enourmously happy. Also when someone randomly grabbed my ass. I hope it was a cute boy. Oh, word?

2 comments:

The Quiet Traveler said...

such a cute picture of emma. who would have thought moments later that she would touch a picasso with the eraser end of a pencil. i'm still in cardiac arrest.

Brandy For Sale. said...

That moment will be a story for the ages! I thought I might cry.