Tuesday, March 20, 2007

MORTIFIED!


Come on out and get MORTIFIED tomorrow night. Why? Because I'm one of the New York co-producers, and I said so. Also I am reading a poem that I wrote about a gay boy I was in love with named Anthony who was in my jazz dance class with an airbrushed half shirt on. I had NO idea why he didn't return my affections...come hear the poem and it might be made somewhat clearer to you.

What is MORTIFIED? Read on!

Hailed a "cultural phenomenon" by Newsweek and celebrated by the likes of This American Life, The Today Show, The Onion AV Club, Esquire, Entertainment Weekly, Daily Candy and more, Mortified is a comic excavation of teen angst artifacts (journals, letters, poems, lyrics, home movies, stories and more) as shared by their original authors before total strangers. As the largest and longest-running project of its kind, our grassroots comedy collective has spent years sifting through hundreds of otherwise forgotten notebooks on a mission to celebrate the extraordinary lives of ordinary people.

WHAT: Mortified NYC
WHEN: Wednesday, March 21, 2007
TIME: 8:00 PM
VENUE: Makor Theater
ADDRESS: 35 West 67th Street (Steinhardt Building), 10023

Buy tickets online here.

With: Adrienne Frost, Eliot Glazer, Michele Colyn, Jon Friedman, Lianne Stokes, Caroline Waxler, Rachel Max, and more!

No comments: