Thursday, January 20, 2005

Lady/Tramp Complex*

Who keeps bursting into tears when she sees the live action remake "Lady & The Tramp" commercial for Disneyland tours? Me. This event has occurred twice now. The advertisement starts playing on the television, "So This Is Love" begins -and whammo! Tears start spraying from my eyes. My hiccuping, heart-wrenching sobs, however, are saved for the dogs' romantic spaghetti dinner upon the barrel. When real, live Lady & Tramp** share the strand of pasta, I make hitching squeaks. Then I become enraged and yell out loud at the TV, "It's not true! It's a lie! It NEVER works out like that ever!" Then I eat another Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and wash it down with a good stiff swig of Dr. Pepper. Did somebody say "demented freak"? No? Oh, silly me. That was the mirror talking.

Allocco, this one's for you.




*Not to be confused with the ever popular, truly classic madonna/whore complex

** Sadly for L&T animated classic purists, Lady in this instance is portrayed by a white, be-ribboned french poodle (to my chagrin). However, while irritating, this fact does not contribute to my inane blubbering.

2 comments:

saraisloco said...

Oooh I love those flats. They are literally ballet slippers and I want them. They look like something Mischa Barton would wear with a Marc Jacobs skirt...and of course she'd look fabulous where as I'd look like a 12 year old gay boy named Adam, complete in "Les Miserables" t-shirt with Eponine on the front. Nice.

Brandy For Sale. said...

Dance, Dance, Dance!