Thursday, January 13, 2005

Now, who wants ice cream?

Today I had an ultra fancy New York day. I met my friend April for lunch in Soho where I had delicious Shepard's Pie at the Cupping Room Cafe. She hand made me some amazing earrings, which I immediately put on. I strolled around after lunch, and tormented myself by going into the conservative ass-kissing juggernaut known as Anthropologie to look at poorly fashioned copies of 1940s housewife cardigans reasonably rendered via Sri Lanka child labor and retailing at $90 a pop. Delightful! Then I went to Aveda and restocked on conditioner and turned in a bunch of gift certificates for sample size stuff. Made out like a bandit. I used one of the birthday gift certificates I'd hoarded to get a manicure/brow wax/massage at Soho Nail. I then headed to BAM to see a mini-reading from Rick Moody. All in all, fancy-like. Although later on the subway, I had another aura.

One of my co-workers is cute and has been flirting with me. I wonder how one is to diplomatically say, "Sincere apologies, sir, yet I daren't shit where I eat". Perhaps the HR guide may shed some light on that protocol.

1 comment:

The Quiet Traveler said...

did you steal that line from Jane Austen?