Sunday, February 05, 2006

Fuck Football, It's All About Puppy Bowl II!

Animal Planet's Annual PUPPY BOWL is in full swing and I could not be more excited. If you have not viewed this, you are missing out on life my friend. Click here for video clips. This is the only reason the Super Bowl is at all acceptable in this non-sports fan's book. Ben says he feels that some kittens should come out and perform in the half time show. I could not agree more.

Watching these little scamps cavort, chew on the plexiglass camera divider, bark and occasionally take a whiz (for which a costumed ref issues a foul) is too, too much. I now want to go lie down on the field and be covered in adoring, wiggling pups. But I would have to be careful NOT to lie in a pee spot.

My vote for MVP? Bessie, a hound mix who looks to be lots of Beagle. Click on that link to cast YOUR vote!

UPDATE!!! (8:07 PM)
Just finished watching-oh, help me sweet jesus- the Bissel KITTY HALF TIME SHOW!!! It was the best fucking thing I have ever watched. It derserves an Oscar. Ben called to tell me there was a Nigel looking kitten, and then we sat on the phone and watched it together, all the while commenting on toys, behaviors and the upbeat disco music being played. Seriously, if someone can burn me a DVD of this I will be forever in your servitude. People, it ends with a Kool & The Gang-esque song blaring and confetti being dumped on the confused but lively kittens.

UPDATE #2 (1:52 Am)

I am re-watching the Kitty Half Time Show. One of the cats is a brute, and I named him Little Smokey. His eyes are a bit too close together so I think he is slightly retarded and he is using his retard super strength to slap other cats in the face, monopolize all toys on the tricked out set, and dump water bowls. He's a real miscreant. I want to have him. I can't believe how funn yit is that Ben called, said he wished this would happen (cats half time) and I agreed and then, our wish came true! I also can't belive I woke up after being asleep for a few hours and am back in the couch watching this. Again. Now I have to go to the bodega during the commercial break, grab a can of Dr. Pepper and some form of chocolate, and then hightail it back here for the big finale. It is not to be missed. Aw shit, Little Smokey just bum-rushed a lanky all balck kitten- he's a rascal, he is.

2 comments:

matt said...

I'm gonna pawn all my football memorabilia so I can buy a bunch of puppies.

Brandy For Sale. said...

A wise investment indeed, sire.

Aimee! I thought you knew, otherwise I'd have called and told you that Animal Planet is the best way to avoid stupid Superbowl baloney. I didn't watch a single moment of Superbowl related television and haven't the past 2 years; this is my new trend.