Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Piano Has Been Drinking (Not Me).

Photo: So, so happy in some random Chicago bar, circa 2002.

People, please. I'm hurting here. Who wants to take Barber out and buy her enough scamp juice to get her good and happy-like? Who can win the make Brandy laugh or at least crack a fucking smile a thon? You? Or is it you? Someone. Please.

PHONE CALL TRANSCRIPT FROM EARLIER TODAY:

(My Mom enquires about NYC comedy)
My Mom: Does everyone have a drinking problem?
Me: Ummm, not more than any other person who does comedy in New York. You tend to be out drinking at least 3-4 nights a week.
My Mom: Do you have some sort of drinking problem?
Me: No, Mom. I don't make enough money for a real drinking problem. Also that takes a lot of commitment and you how I am about that.
My Mom: (silent)
Me: That was, it was a joke. My humor you love so much.
My Mom: (relieved) Oh, OK! (laughs politely)
Me: But seriously, I don't make enough money to be a drunk.

2 comments:

2na said...

Once I was telling my dad about Sara and I going out then I was talking about sleeping at her place and said I passed out when we got home and he goes you what? You drink that much that you pass out... I was really just talking about being tired but he assumes I constantly get pass out drunk... I am inserting the confused emoticon here.

Brandy For Sale. said...

Aimee maybe we should do lines of Calgon together.

McEneaney, SHOVE IT just for old times' sake.